Today, we are talking about the Best Way to Clean Glass Top Stove. We all love that sleek and glossy design of glass top stove, its stylish appearance is definitely an eye-catcher. Glass top stoves are much-admired cookery nowadays and I must say, it’s one thing you would love to have in your kitchen room. We get a lot of benefits and advantages from having one so how about taking time to maintain it and keeping its shining surface then? Well, most of you may think that glass top stove is a easy to clean, “just wipe it off” stove because they are flat compare to other traditional stovetops with heavy metal rings but it’s not as easy as it may look.
If you have your own glass top stove you have probably experienced an oil splattered from frying meat which eventually will turn into black burn if not wipe instantly, how about a sauce bubbled over from making a pasta or a battle scars from making a home-made French fries? That doesn’t look good, right? Don’t worry, you can always turn it into a shining and shimmering cooktop again with this simple and best way to clean glass top stove that I would like to share with you.
You don’t need any expensive materials or glass top stove cleansers in the market and just stick to organic and natural ways which is much safer and even more effective in cleaning your stove. Here’s what you need;
- Baking soda
- Cleaning Rag/ Sponge
- Bowl of warm water with small amount of vinegar
- Organic dish liquid soap
- A Pair of Gloves
Best Way to Clean Glass Top Stove Instructions
- Make sure that the glass top stove range is turned off and completely cooled before the cleaning process. Most glass top stove have heat indicator light to confirm if the surface is completely safe to touch already. Meanwhile, submerge the rag or sponge into the bowl mix of hot water with small amount of vinegar and organic dish liquid soap.
- On the cooktop, apply or sprinkle baking soda all over the surface and let it sit for 15 minutes or more.
- Using the sponge or cleaning rag soak in the warm water with vinegar and liquid dish soap, swirl the rag around in circle motion in wiping off the entire top thoroughly. Pay attention to areas that feel rough to touch as this is where the grease has built up. Note that some are using a razor blade to scrape grungy food stains however it is not recommended as this may damage the stovetop, so if you are planning to use one, be extra careful though. (On the other hand, some manufacturers is indorsing special scraper which comes in a kit with cleaner and cleaning pads, you may also consider purchasing and using this.)
- Then, dry up the surface by gently buffing away the cleanser and shine it up with a dry cloth or paper towel. You should be able to see you reflection in it once again. Yes, good as new and simply the best way to clean glass top stove.
You may repeat the procedure again to achieve best result and you may also leave the baking soda longer than 15 minutes on the cooktop depending on how bad it is before wiping it off. Grease, sauces and spills are tough to clean so it’s better to clean the glass top stove immediately not waiting for another days. Sugary or sticky spills may also stuck hard on the surface when dried out and may cause crack and pitting so it may put more pressure in rubbing out if it stays longer in the cooktop. Note that a normal “wear and tear” is not covered in the warranty so the user will responsible in replacing it. There you go my own natural way of cleaning my cook top. Do you have the best way to clean glass top stove using organic and natural method?